How do I bulk categorize transactions?
ZipBooks lets you automatically pull in transactions from your bank account, but you will need to go through and categorize them properly. When you have several transactions to designate to a certain category, you can do them all at once
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of the screen.
- If applicable, click on the account you’d like to see transactions from.
- Click the small box on the left side of the line to put a checkmark beside each transaction that will be grouped into the same category.
- At the top of the list of transactions, you’ll see a Categorize As field next to the red Delete button. Click inside it, and either type the name of the category, or find in the drop down list and click on it.
- You’ll receive a prompt, asking if you’d really like to categorize these transactions as you designated. Click the blue button to move forward.
And that’s it! Repeat these steps to categorize each group of transactions until they’re all accurate.