How do I add sales or other taxes to an invoice?
When you sell items, or perform services for a customer, you will often need to add sales and/or service taxes to your invoices. ZipBooks gives you a simple way to do that.
Here’s how to add taxes to your invoices:
- Log in to ZipBooks and create your invoice.
- Find the Task or Item that you need to add tax to, and click on the cog icon (looks like a wheel) on the right side of the line.
- A Line Item Options box will pop up. Click on Edit Taxes in the top right corner of the box.
- Click the green +Tax button. Add the name of tax, the percentage rate, and any Number or ID associated with it.
- Add as many rates as you need, then click the blue Save button.
- Click the cog icon again, and choose the taxes you want to apply in the dropdown menus at the top of the box.
- Click the blue Done button.
That’s it! Now ZipBooks will calculate your taxes at the bottom of the invoice, under Subtotal.