How do I sort and filter my time tracking records?
If you have lots of records of time tracked in your ZipBooks account, it’s easy to sort and filter those records to more easily find what you need.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Tracking in the box on the left side of your screen.
- In the top left corner, above the list of hours tracked, click on Sort.
- Click on Date and the records will be listed by date, in descending order, starting with the most recent.
- Click on Hours Tracked, and the records will appear in descending order, showing records with the highest number of hours tracked first.
- To filter your list (only show certain records), click on Billed next to the Sort feature, and choose Billed, Unbilled, or All records.
- Click in the User field and choose from the dropdown list to see records from only one specific user.
- Click in the Date field and choose a date from the popup calendar to see records from a certain date.
Pretty simple! Now you should be able to narrow down your list in a snap.
Note: When a time entry you’ve created has been added to an invoice (billed to a customer), the word “billed” and an invoice number will appear on that item in your list.