How do I set up a recurring profile?
When you bill the same customer for the same amount every month, you can add a recurring profile to bill your customer automatically, so you can set it and forget it.
Here’s how to set up a recurring profile:
- Sign in to ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- Click on Recurring Profiles on the left.
- Click on the round green ‘+’ button toward the top right of the screen.
- A blank invoice will appear. Fill out all of the applicable information for your customer.
- For each line item you add, click the cog icon (looks like a wheel) on the right side of the line to add tax and/or discounts to the item.
- In the Options box on the right, make sure the Live button is set to On.
- Choose a Start date, and then choose how often the bill Recurs (Weekly, Monthly, Every 2 weeks, etc.) by clicking on the pencil icon.
- Click the blue Done button.
- If you only want to bill this customer a certain number of times, put that number in the Max # box (by clicking the pencil icon). Click the Done button.
- Click the slider button to On to Accept Credit Cards. If you’d like this invoice set to Auto-bill, click the slider to On (this option will only appear if you’ve signed up for ZipBooks Payments).
- Use the sliders at the bottom of the Options box to choose whether you Send Invoices and/or Send Receipts to your customer.
- To automatically pull Time and Expenses that are billed to this customer, click the slider to On.
- Click the blue Save and Send button.
Your profile for this customer will now appear in the Recurring Profiles list. To Pause an active profile, simply slide the Live button to Off (either in the profile, or right from the list view). The word Paused will appear under Next Send Date.