How do I set up bills to pay in ZipBooks?
Every business has bills to pay, and now ZipBooks makes it easy to keep track of those bills.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of the screen.
- Click on Bills in the menu on the left.
- Click the round green ‘+’ button to add a new bill.
- Fill out the necessary information, including the Vendor, Bill or Reference #, Due date, and Date the bill was created.
- Change the currency type by clicking in the “$” field.
- Add the Items and Descriptions that the bill includes. To add more fields, click the green + Item button.
- Add Terms of the bill payment and Notes that apply.
- To add supporting documentation (receipts, PDFs, etc.), drag and drop them into the Attachments box, or click the round green ‘+’ button to upload.
- Click the blue Save button at the top of the page.
That’s it! Now your bill is recorded. When you want to record a payment made to a bill, find it in your list, open it, and click on the blue Add Payment button at the top of the page.
Note: The Bills feature is great for keeping an eye on expenses that are not being paid immediately, but you don’t need to use it for every expense you enter.