How do I set up bills to pay in ZipBooks
Every business has bills to pay, and now ZipBooks makes it easy to keep track of those bills.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of the screen.
- Click on Bills in the menu on the left.
- If you’ve never added a bill before, click the red Add a Bill button. To add additional bills, click the round, green ‘+’ button toward the top right corner of your screen.
- Fill out the information at the top, including the Vendor, Bill or Reference #, Due date, and Date the bill was created.
- Change the currency type by clicking in the $ field.
- Add the Items and Descriptions that the bill includes. To add more fields, click the green + Item button.
- Add Terms of the bill payment and Notes that apply. If you’d like ZipBooks to automatically calculate a due date, you can use the term Net and the number of days before it’s due in the Terms box. (Ex: Net 30 would indicate a due date 30 days out)
- To add supporting documentation, such as receipts, to a bill, drag and drop them into the attachments box, or click the round green ‘+’ button to upload.
- Click the blue Save button at the top of the page.
That’s it! Now your bill is recorded. When you want to record a payment made to a bill, find it in your list, open it, and click on the blue Add Payment button at the top of the page.