How do I send receipts instead of invoices to my customers?
A cool feature that’s part of recurring billing is the ability to choose what you send to your customer every month. If the invoice is the same every time, chances are the customer may not need to see the invoice. Instead, you can send them a receipt when the customer pays the invoice, or when you auto-bill them.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the stop of the screen.
- Click on Recurring Profiles in the box on the left.
- Choose a profile from the list (click the Edit button above the invoice after you open it), or create a new profile.
- In the box on the right, use the slider buttons to choose whether you send invoices, receipts, both, or neither.
- For example: to send a receipt, but not an invoice, every month, set the Send Invoices button to Off, and the Send Receipts button to On.
- Click the blue Save button.
Now your customer will receive only receipts every month, unless you decide to change the setting at some point.