How do I save an item or task for use on future invoices?
When you’re creating numerous invoices, it’s nice to be able to have all the information you need set up and ready to go. ZipBooks lets you save items for use on invoices, so that you don’t have to type it all in again every time.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- In the box on the left, click on Items.
- Click the round green ‘+‘ button toward the top right hand corner of your screen.
- In the New Item window, put in a Name, Description, and Price for the item, as well as any notes that apply.
- Click the blue Save button.
Your item is now saved to your list!
If you create a line item on an invoice and know you’ll use it again, save that item right on the invoice screen, like this:
- While creating your invoice, type in a Task or Item in the corresponding field.
- Add the details that you want saved, like Rate, Price, and Description (Quantity and Hours will generally vary every time you use an item).
- Click on the box icon with small green ‘+’ button the left side of the line.
Your line item will now appear as part of your saved items list.
To see how this works, let’s create an invoice and add some saved items.
Here’s how to add saved items:
- While still in the invoices section of ZipBooks, click on Invoices in the box on the left.
- Click the round green ‘+’ button to create a new invoice.
- Scroll down to the Task or Item section where you’ll add your invoice line items. Click in the Title field and a drop down menu will appear. When you start typing, the list will be narrowed down until only the one you’re looking for remains.
- Push the down arrow on your keyboard to select it and then push enter, or click on it with your mouse at any time.
- All of the applicable information that you saved will appear in their respective fields.
- Do the same for any items you want to add.
That’s it! Now you can save a few minutes of your valuable time, every time.