How do I import transactions into my ZipBooks account?
ZipBooks lets you connect your bank account so that your transactions are automatically imported into your account. If for any reason that’s not an option, you can still import your transactions so that you don’t need to enter them all manually.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of your screen.
- Click on Import toward the top right corner of your list of transactions. The Import Transactions window will appear.
- Download the Transactions Import CSV Template by clicking on the blue link.
- Export transactions from your bank or former accounting program by following instructions provided by them.
- Copy and paste each column from your exported document into the matching columns in the ZipBooks CSV. Note that there are two columns for amount: one for deposits and the other for expenses or withdrawals. So, you won’t use negative numbers, only the correct columns.
- Save to your computer.
- At the bottom of the Import Transactions window, click the Choose File button to find the CSV on your computer.
- Click the blue Import button.
- Once your transactions have been uploaded, double check to make sure they imported correctly.
And you’re done! You’ve saved yourself a whole lot of time by importing your transactions instead of putting them in manually.