How do I create a recurring profile from a regular invoice?
After you’ve created an invoice for a customer it’s easy to create a recurring profile in order to automatically send invoices to your customer every month.
- Log in to your account and select Invoices.
- Find the invoice for the customer you want to create a recurring profile for. Click on it.
- In the Options box to the right of the invoice, click on the Make Recurring button.
- Update any information on the invoice, including any items, tasks, terms, or discounts that will be the same every month.
- In the Schedule box on the right, decide the Date you want the invoices to start going out, how often the invoice will Recur, and the Max # of invoices to send (if there’s no end date, just leave it on Infinite).
- In the Billing options box, choose whether to turn on
- Auto-bill (automatically charge credit card)
- Credit Card payments
- PayPal payments
- Sending invoices
- Sending receipts
- Include unbilled time and expenses (manage details by clicking Preferences)
- Click the Save button above the invoice and Send when you’re ready to start recurring invoices.
That’s it! Use the Recurring Profiles list to turn a customer profile on or off, and see when an invoice is scheduled to be sent.