How do I create a recurring profile from a regular invoice?
After you’ve created an invoice for a customer it’s easy to create a recurring profile in order to automatically send invoices to your customer every month.
- Log in to your account and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- Find the invoice for the customer you want to create a recurring profile for. Click on it.
- In the Options box to the right of the invoice, click on the blue Make Recurring button.
- Update information on the invoice, including any items or tasks that will be the same every month.
- Add Terms or Notes that you want to appear on every invoice, and any Discounts or Tax.
- In the Options box on the right, decide the Date you want the invoices to start going out, how often the invoice will Recur, and the Max # of invoices to send (if it will be every month for the foreseeable future, just leave it on Infinite).
- Choose whether to turn on Credit Card and PayPal payments, and decide if you want to send your customer actual invoices every month, or just receipts, or both.
- To automatically include expenses that you marked as billed to this client, slide the Include Unbilled Time and Expenses button to On. Click on the Preferences link right below the button to specify the details.
- Click the green Save and Send button when you’re ready to go, or click the blue Save button to save for later.
That’s it! Use the tools right on the Recurring Profiles list view to turn your profile on and off, and see when an invoice is scheduled to be sent.