How do I create and send a simple invoice?
Invoicing, or billing, is how you collect the money that customers owe you for goods and services that you provide. Creating an invoice is a snap with ZipBooks! You’ll be sending out your bills, and receiving payments in no time.
- Log in to ZipBooks, and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- Click on the round green ‘+‘ button toward the top right of your screen.
- You’ll see a blank invoice with yellow fields where you can add information. Make sure to add the customer you’re invoicing as a contact first. Fill in the Customer, Date, Invoice #, and any other pertinent information.
- Move down and add Tasks (services performed), the rate of each task, and how many hours.
- Add any Items in the next field down (products purchased from you), the price of those items and how many of each.
- Click the green + Task and + Item buttons to add more lines.
- At the bottom, include any Terms (like if you want the due date to be something other than the date you created the invoice), additional Notes to the customer, and any Discount if it applies.
- On the right side of your screen, you’ll see a small box titled Options. Move the sliders to ON to accept Credit Cards and/or PayPal.
- Click the blue Save button above your invoice. If you want to send it immediately, click the Finalize For Sending button.
- In the window that appears, enter the email address you want to send the invoice to, a subject, and a message. Your message will automatically include a link your customer can click on to access their invoice, and you can also choose to attach it as a PDF.
- Hit the blue Send button.
And that’s it! Your invoice will be marked as Viewed when your customer has seen it. Congratulations, you have now (technically) generated income!!
Suggested next article: How do I connect a bank account?