Do you want to switch to ZipBooks, but don’t want to manually add all your invoices from your previous accounting software program? ZipBooks makes it easy to import all your existing invoice data.
Once you navigate to the invoice list view, click Import right next to the green New Invoice button on the right.
Let’s walk you through the steps.
Invoice CSV import instructions
Import in four fast steps:
- Download our Customer Import CSV template.
- Export invoices into a CSV from your old accounting program.
- Copy and paste columns from your exported CSV into the matching ones in our template. Save the CSV file.
- Upload the newly created invoice CSV using the upload button to navigate to the newly saved CSV—your invoices will appear in ZipBooks instantly!
Invoice import tips
- Company name, invoice number, and invoice date are all required fields.
- We recommend importing customers from your old accounting program before importing invoices; that way, when you import invoices, they’ll automatically be linked to the correct customer.
- In order to import multiple line items on an invoice, just add duplicate rows for the same invoice, changing only the product, description, amount, and quantity fields.
- If you’re on a Mac and using Excel to edit your CSV, when you save it, use the Windows Comma Separated (.csv) option.
Once you upload the invoices, you’ll see them added in the invoice list view. Now you can enjoy all of the ZipBooks features without the hassle of a manual invoice migration.