Are you finding yourself wanting to migrate to ZipBooks, but you have mounds of customer data stuck in your old accounting software?
You don’t have to manually enter in all the customer contact data from your previous accounting software program! ZipBooks makes it easy to import all your existing customer data.
Once you navigate to the customer list view, click Import right next to the New Customer button on the top right.
Let’s walk you through how to import all your customers.
Customer CSV import instructions
Import in four easy steps:
- Download our Customer Import CSV template.
- Export customers into a CSV from your old accounting program.
- Copy and paste columns from your exported CSV into the matching ones in our template. Save the CSV file.
- Upload the newly created customer CSV using the upload button to navigate to the newly saved CSV—your customers will appear in ZipBooks instantly!
Customer import tips
- Company name and email are required fields.
- If you’re on a Mac and using Excel to edit your CSV, when you save it, use the Windows Comma Separated (.csv) option.
Once you upload your customers, you will also want to upload your invoices.
Brad Hanks is in charge of Growth at ZipBooks.