Yes! The tax column is completely optional.
If you don’t want to show taxes on your invoice, don’t write anything in the tax column when you’re filling out or editing your invoice. If you don’t add anything to the taxes column, tax information will not appear on your invoice draft after clicking the blue Save Invoice button.
You can also add new tax information directly from your invoice. If you want to edit your taxes, follow these steps:
- Log in to your ZipBooks account. You’ll be taken to the main ZipBooks page that shows the dashboard with all your stats.
- On the top right of the ZipBooks app, you’ll see the green +New button. Click this button and you’ll see a drop-down menu. Click the Invoice option. This will allow you to create a new invoice.
- On the first row, you will see a Settings button next to the Tax tab. Click this button to edit the tax information you’d like to add to invoices.
- To add new tax information, click the blue +Tax button. From there you can enter in the name of the tax, the rate, and the ID number.
- When you have completed the information, click the green Save button. You can now add that tax to this invoice and any other invoices that you want to send.
- To add this new tax item into your invoice, click the small arrow that is located under the blank tax space on the invoice edit page.
If you want to delete or edit your tax information, simply click on the settings button next to Tax on your invoice and edit your information or click on the trash can button and that tax item will be deleted.