ZipBooks privacy, security, and terms of service.
Effective Date: December 27, 2016
Last Modified Date: December 27, 2016
3. ZipBooks uses information, including Personal Information, for purposes other than those described above, such as recognizing you when you log in to the Services, providing our Services to you, service improvement and research. We may offer or promote new and other products and services offered by us that we believe may be of interest to you. We use the email addresses of our Users’ customers for research purposes, and we may solicit feedback and reviews of Services from them.
4. ZipBooks will send you a welcome email, emails regarding billing purposes, and at times service-related announcements. You cannot opt out of service-related emails if you are an account holder, as this is part of the Services. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each of these emails, or you can contact us.
5. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name only with your consent. Once posted, if you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us.
6. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to keep your Personal Information private and confidential. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure Transport Layer Security (TLS).
7. We follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, however, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Information. If you have any questions about our security measures, please contact us.
8. ZipBooks and its representatives will never request your account credentials. You should never share your ZipBooks account information with anyone else, including your username and password. We recommend that you use a unique password for your ZipBooks account that is not associated with other websites. We also recommend you choose a password that is at least eight characters long, contains a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and special symbols. You should check your ZipBooks account regularly to ensure that your Personal Information has not been tampered with or altered. Any suspicious activity regarding your account, including automated messages or calls from parties you cannot identify, should be reported to ZipBooks at contact us.
9. You may correct, update, amend, or delete/remove your Personal Information by making the change on our member information page, or request changes through our contact us page, by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire to use our Services, you may deactivate the Services by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will promptly respond to your requests regarding changes to Personal Information or our Services.
10. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. ZipBooks uses a technology called “cookies” to store session information. A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session ID cookies to track your login status. This cookie is only ever transmitted over HTTPS. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use persistent cookies to determine from where you were referred to our website, as well as your last user ID. ZipBooks may set and access ZipBooks cookies on your computer. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. Click here for more information on cookies. If you reject cookies, you may still use our website, but your ability to use some areas or functions of our website, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
13. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, identity of your internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, your computer operating system, date/time stamps, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual Visitors and Users, to analyze trends, to administer the website, to track Visitors’ and Users’ movements around the website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We link this automatically-collected data to Personal Information. IP addresses are tied to Personal Information to better gauge our Visitors’ and Users’ needs and provide specific information to best serve them.
16. If ZipBooks is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your Personal Information may be transferred to the acquiring person or entity and you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership.
21. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.