How do I track time in ZipBooks?
Keeping track of the time you spend on projects or tasks for your customers is a cinch. Track time from any browser or right from your phone, without needing to sign into your account.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign in to ZipBooks and click on Tracking on the left side of your screen.
- You’ll see the Track Time box at the top of the page. Choose the Project you want to track time for, or a Customer. If your project isn’t already in the project list, set up a new project. (If you’ve set up a Project beforehand, the Customer will fill in automatically.
- Push the green Play button (white triangle inside the green circle) to start tracking your time. While your timer is activated, you’ll be able to see it at the top of your screen no matter where you are in your ZipBooks account.
- Click the Stop button (white square inside the blue circle) when you want to end your time tracking.
Your time will then appear in your list of time entries! To see time entries allocated to a particular project:
- Click on Projects on the Tracking screen.
- Find the Project you allocated the time to and click on it.
- You’ll see all of the time associated with this project in the Time Entries column on the right side of your screen.
- Click on the time entries to see details of each.
If your time is not being shown as Billed, do the following to ensure the time is billed to your customer:
- In the list of time entries within the task, click on one that needs to be billed.
- In the Edit Time Entry box, make sure the information is correct, and check the box at the bottom labeled Has been billed.
- Click the blue Save button.
This time will now be available to add to the client invoices associated with the project in the time entry.