How do I track time in ZipBooks?
Keeping track of the time you spend on projects or tasks for your customers is a cinch. Track time from any browser or right from your phone, without needing to sign into your account.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign in to ZipBooks and click on Tracking on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the blue Tracker button toward the upper right corner of your screen.
- The time tracker will pop up on the left. Click and hold down the mouse on the title bar to move it around to any part of your screen you’d like it to be.
- Choose a Project you want to assign the time to, and a Task within that project.. If your project isn’t already in the project list, set up a new project.
- Click the Start button when you’re ready to start tracking.
- Click the Submit button.
Your time will then appear in your list of time entries! To see time entries allocated to a particular task:
- Click on Tasks on the Tracking screen.
- Find the Task or Project you allocated the time to and click on it.
- You’ll see all of the time associated with this task in the Time Entries column on the right side of your screen.
- Click on the time entries to see details of each.
If your time is not being shown as Billed, do the following to ensure the time is billed to your customer:
- In the list of time entries within the task, click on one that needs to be billed.
- In the Edit Time Entry box, make sure the information is correct, and check the box at the bottom labeled Billed.
- Click the blue Save button.
This time will now be available to add to the client invoices associated with the project in the time entry.