How do I track invoice views?
ZipBooks lets you see when your invoices have been sent, viewed, and paid right from the list view.
To see the status of an invoice:
- Log into ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- A list of your invoices will appear. You’ll see the status of the invoice at the middle of each line.
- Gray Draft – An invoice that has been created, but not yet sent to the customer.
- Blue Sent – An invoice that you’ve sent to your customer.
- Blue Viewed – Your customer has opened the email containing your invoice.
- Green Paid – Your customer has paid their invoice.
To see the status on each individual invoice, click on the one you need in the list. You’ll see the status as a tag across the top left corner of the invoice, along with a history of the invoice on the left side of your screen. You’ll see when it was created, each time it was edited, when a client opened it, and when any payments were made.