How do I specify the due date on an invoice?
When you create an invoice in Zipbooks, the due date is recorded as the date it was created, unless you specify otherwise, since we assume you like to receive payment upon receipt of the invoice.
To choose a different due date, do this:
- Sign in to ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- Create an invoice, or find one that you created previously in your invoices list.
- Click on the invoice in the list, and then click Edit at the top of the screen.
- Toward the top of the invoice, you’ll see a Due line. Click in that field, and a calendar will pop up.
- Click on the day you’d like your invoice to be due, and that date will appear on the line.
- Click the blue Save button above your invoice.
That’s it! Now ZipBooks will pick up on the new due date. If you’ve added a payment reminder to that customer, the date that reminder goes out will change based on the due date you added.
Pro Tip: ZipBooks will automatically generate the due date for your invoice if you include the term “Net” followed by a number of days in the Terms box (i.e. Net 30).