How do I sort my list of categories?
Your list of categories in ZipBooks may be long, and we want you to be able to find things easily. Sort them by different variables so they’re in the order that makes most sense to you.
Here’s how to sort your categories:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of your screen.
- Click on Categories in the box on the left.
- Your list of categories (also called your chart of accounts) will appear. Initially, they’re grouped together by assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, and expenses.
- To change how they’re grouped, click on Sort in the top left corner, above the list of accounts.
- If you choose Name from the dropdown list, the accounts will be listed alphabetically, regardless of the type of account.
- If you choose to sort by Balance, the accounts will be listed in ascending order, beginning with the lowest balance.
That’s it! To return the list to its default setting, click on Sort and choose Type in the dropdown menu.