How do I set up my account preferences and defaults?
Your business is as unique as you are, and you want it to stand out! That’s why ZipBooks lets you customize your account to your needs, so that your business is reflected in just the right way.
(Note: Some of these features on not available on the Free ZipBooks plan)
To set your preferences:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on the More tab at the top of your screen.
- Click on Preferences under the Account section.
- In the General Preferences box specify the Account currency you do business in.
- Specify whether you call your business patrons Customers or Clients.
- Choose whether to use the word Estimate, Quote, or Bid.
- Click the purple Save button.
To set specific parameters for your invoices and estimates:
- Choose an Accent color by clicking on the square and clicking anywhere along the color line. Or enter the color number, if you know the exact color you’d like to use.
- Add a Default email address to receive copies of the invoices you send out.
- Specify Logo height.
- Choose whether to Attach PDF automatically (by default), or whether you want to Accept Credit Cards by default by sliding the buttons to On or Off.
- Add any Default terms and Default notes that you want to appear on every invoice automatically. Add a Default email subject and what you’d like the Default message to say. Use dynamic variables to customize your message automatically!
- Repeat Step 5 for the Estimates section.
- Press the purple Save button.
There you have it!
Suggested next article: How do I add a new customer?