How do I prepare a trial balance
A trial balance lists the credit or debit balance of each account in a company’s general ledger. It’s helpful in finding possible mistakes in the accounting process. ZipBooks makes it easy for you to prepare a trial balance.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Reports at the top of your screen.
- In the Accounting and Tax section in the menu on the left, click on the Go button next to Trial Balance.
- Choose as of what Date you’d like the balance to reflect.
- Add specific Tags if you want to filter any further.
- Click the blue Generate button.
All done! The Debit column on your report should be equal to the Credit column.