How do I add one-time charges to a recurring profile?
With ZipBooks recurring profiles, you can do some seriously great things! One of them is adding charges that won’t be included forever, but just once, or for a set period of time.
- Sign in to ZipBooks and go to your Recurring Profiles list.
- Add a new profile, or click on the one you need.
- Click the Edit button at the top of the screen, if it’s an existing profile.
- Click the +Task or +Item button, depending on the type of charge you want to create.
- Type in the Title and Description of the charge, the Rate and Hours of the Task, or the Price and Quantity of the Item.
- Click on the cog icon (looks like a wheel) on the right side of the line. A Line Item Options box will pop up.
- Add Start and End dates (If there is no End date, this item will appear on every bill until you tell it to stop).
- Choose which taxes apply to this item in the dropdown menus at the top of the box.
- Put in a discount, if one applies to this item.
- Click the blue Done button.
- If you want to remove line items in the future, simply click the garbage can icon on the right side of the line, and it’ll be deleted.
- Click the blue Save button above the invoice.
That’s it! Now ZipBooks will take care of sending an accurate invoice to this customer, with any one-time extras, automatically.