How do I mark a transaction as a 1099 expense?
A 1099 expense is an amount you pay to someone who works for you as a contractor. If they make more than $600, then you’ll need to send them a Form 1099 at tax time. ZipBooks makes it easy to keep track of these expenses.
Here’s how to mark a transaction as a 1099 expense:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of the screen,
- Find the transaction you’re looking for in the list, or add a new transaction.
- If It’s an existing transaction, click on it, and then click the Edit or Split button.
- In the Edit Expense window, check the box marked Assign to 1099.
- Click the blue Save button.
Now you’ll be able to see which expenses have been marked for 1099, right from the transactions list.