How do I import my existing invoices into ZipBooks?
If you’re new to ZipBooks, and you already have an established business, chances are you’ll have invoices and other information on a different program that you’ll need to move to your ZipBooks account. That’s no problem!
Here’s how to import your invoices:
- Sign into ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of your screen.
- Click on Import toward the top right side of your list of invoices.
- An Import Invoices window will slide in from the right.
- Click on Invoice Import CSV Template to download.
- In your old accounting program, find the export to CSV option (refer to that program’s help section if you can’t find it).
- Copy and paste the columns from the exported CSV into the ones that match on your new template.
- Save the new CSV to your computer.
- Upload the CSV you created through the form on the Import Invoices window.
- Click the blue Import button.
And that’s all! You invoices will now appear in your ZipBooks account.
A few things to remember:
- It’s probably a good idea to import your contacts into ZipBooks first, so that when you import your invoices, they can be directly linked to those already-entered contacts.
- If you’re on a Mac, using a Excel, make sure to save your CSV using the (.csv) file type option.