How do I import a contact list?
We send reviews via text and email, so it’s important to have current customer contact information stored in ZipBooks. If you’re already invoicing with our software, you likely have updated phone numbers and emails already available to you. If, however, you want to import more client information for review collection, it’s easy to do.
Import a contact list by uploading a CSV file. If you have customer information stored in an Excel spreadsheet, just select “Save as” then “.csv” to export your list in the correct format. For our purposes, you will only need three columns: name, phone, and email. If you do not have a current spreadsheet, we’ve built a template for you.
How to import contacts:
- From the ZipBooks Growth menu, select “Invitations”
- Click “Send review invites”
- Under “Final invite list,” click “Upload CSV”
- If you need to create a new file, click “Download Template”
- Transfer any relevant customer information into the CSV template
- Save your file
- In the “Import Contacts” window, drag and drop your CSV file or click “Choose file to upload”
- Then click “Import”