How do I filter my transactions?
Businesses normally record thousands of transactions in any given year. It can be hard to find one transaction among so many. ZipBooks lets you filter your list, in order to more easily find what you’re looking for.
- Sign in to ZipBooks and click on Transactions at the top of the screen.
- You’ll see a list of all of your transactions. At the top of the list you’ll see several filtering options.
- Click in the Category field to show only transactions in certain categories or accounts.
- Enter Start and End dates to show transactions made within a certain time period.
- Click Show to choose to narrow the list to Confirmed or Unconfirmed Transactions.
- Click in the Filter by tag field and choose from the dropdown list (or simply type it in) to show transactions that contain a specific tag.
You can combine these variables to narrow your list to exactly what you need.
You want to see all travel expenses you incurred on behalf of a certain customer, during a certain time period. Choose Travel Expense from the Category list, put in the date range you’re looking for, and add the name of the customer in the Tag field. Voila! The list is narrowed to only those transactions that apply to all three variables.