How do I create a manual payment in my ZipBooks account?
When your customers pay an invoice by cash or check, you’ll need to record that payment manually in your account.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Invoices at the top of the screen.
- Find the invoice you need to apply payment to and click on it, or create a new one for this payment, if needed.
- Click the green Add Payment button above the invoice.
- Choose the account the payment will go to in the Paid to Account field.
- Enter the Amount, Date, Payment Method, and any Reference number (like the customer’s check number). Add any Notes you need.
- Check the box to send a receipt to your customer.
- Click the blue Save button.
And you’re done! Now your payment will reflect on your invoice, and in your reports.