How do I change the default information on my invoices and estimates?
At ZipBooks, we know that saving time is a good thing for busy business owners. That’s why we set up your account to do certain things automatically. Like when it comes to invoices and estimates. There are certain things you need to put on every one, and that information might be the same every time. So we’ve set up defaults that will automatically populate in your invoices and estimates so that you don’t have to enter them over and over again. We make it easy for you to change that information any time you need to.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on More at the top of your screen.
- Click on Preferences under the Account heading.
- Scroll down to the Invoice and Estimate Preferences section.
- Here you can do any of the following things for both invoices and estimates in general:
- Change your default BCC address
- Change your logo height, and accent color
- Choose whether or not to do the following by default:
- Attach PDF
- Accept credit cards
- Accept PayPal
- Gather reviews
- Scroll down to the Invoices section and type in the Terms and Notes you’d like every invoice to include.
- Choose a Default email subject to apply to each email, and what the Default email body will say.
- Note: Make sure to keep the formatting the way it is (example – ::company_name::) in order for ZipBooks to pull unique information from each customer into the email. These are called dynamic variables. You can use any number of them in your emails in order to produce the information you need.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the Estimates section.
- In the Receipts section, specify what you want in the Default email body of all receipts you send to customers.
- Click the purple Save button.
And you’re done! Spending a little time getting this information right will save you a whole lot of time in the future.