How do I change the default information on my invoices and estimates?
At ZipBooks, we know that saving time is critical for busy business owners. That’s why we set up your account to do certain things automatically.
Like when it comes to invoices and estimates. There are certain things you need to put on every one, and that information might be the same every time. So we’ve set up defaults that will automatically populate in your invoices and estimates so that you don’t have to enter them over and over again.
Here’s how to customize your invoice defaults:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on More at the top of your screen.
- Under Account, select Preferences.
- Select Invoice and Estimate Preferences from the top menu
- Here you can change any of the following defaults for both invoices and estimates:
- Default BCC address
- Default ‘Reply to’ address
- Invoice numbering
- Logo height
- Accent color
- PDF attachment
- Terms and Notes
- For Invoice-specific settings, toggle on or off any preferences
- Accept Credit Card
- Accept PayPal
- Allow overpayment
- Track taxes as payables
- Gather Reviews on invoices
- Gather Reviews on receipts
- Edit default email subject and body text. Personalize your text with as many dynamic variables (ex ::company_name::) as you’d like.
- Customize Estimates in the same way
- For Receipts, specify what you want in the Default email body of all receipts you send to customers.
- Click the Save button at the bottom.
And you’re done! Spending a little time getting this information right will save you a whole lot of time in the future.