Can I make transactions related to a certain contact default to a 1099?
When you know that all expenses related to a certain contact will be added to a 1099, you can mark it in the contact’s info.
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Contacts in the menu on the left.
- Find the contact you need and click on it in the list.
- Click on the cog icon (looks like a wheel) toward the right side of the screen.
- In the Edit Contact window, check the box labeled 1099 Contractor.
- Click the blue Save button.
All of the transactions related to this contact will now be marked as 1099 expenses.