How do I add a new vendor?
A vendor is a person or company that supplies your business with products or services, like the manufacturer you buy your inventory of clothing from, the store where you buy building or art supplies, or the maintenance crew that cleans your offices.
To add a new vendor:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Contacts in the box on the left side of your screen.
- Click on the round green ‘+’ button toward the top right corner of your screen.
- A New Contact window will slide in from the left.
- Add a Name, Contact Email, Address, and Phone Number.
- Click the blue Save button.
- If this person is a contractor who you’ll be sending 1099s, check the 1099 contractor box.
Voila! Your new contact is saved, and will automatically be identified as a Vendor when you attach an expense or payment to that person or business.
Recommended next article: How do I create an estimate?