How do I add a new customer?
Customers are the people who keep you in business! Keep their information accurate and up to date, track expenses, and view invoice history with ZipBooks Contacts.
To add a new customer:
- Log in to ZipBooks and click on Contacts in the box on the left side of your screen.
- Click the round green ‘+‘ button toward the top right corner.
- A New Contact window will slide in from the right.
- Add Name, Email, Address, and Phone Number. Name and email are both required in order for the customer to be saved. The Name should be the company name. You can add individuals within the company in the contact details. If you don’t intend to email anything to this contact, just put in your own email address. Use a comma to separate multiple email addresses.
- Click the blue Save button.
Your new contact is recorded! When you attach invoices or payments received to the contact, ZipBooks will automatically classify that person or company as a customer. Upload multiple contacts by importing from a CSV.
Suggested next article: How do I add a new vendor?