How do I add a discount to individual items on my invoice?
When you enter a percentage amount in the Discount field at the bottom of your invoice, that discount is applied to your invoice total. But you might want to add discounts to individual services or items purchased, rather than on the invoice as a whole. You can do that in a snap with ZipBooks!
- Log in to ZipBooks and create an invoice, or find it in your list of invoices and click on it.
- Click the Edit button at the top of the page.
- Find the Item that you’d like to add a discount to and click on the cog icon (looks like a wheel) on the right side of the line.
- Click in the Discount % line, and type in the discount percentage that you’d like to apply to that item.
- Click the blue Done button.
- Repeat for any other items you’d like to apply a discount to.
And you’re finished! ZipBooks will calculate your discount and it will appear at the bottom of your invoice in the Subtotal section.